I must write this down while I'm thinking about it. My memory does not visit me much these days...
Last week I loaded all the kidos into the car. I can't recall where we were going. Just another day, right??? I backed out of the driveway, nothing seeming unusual at the time. I put the car into drive and 2 seconds later heard a very disturbing sound...I had run something over. This sent panic through me of course, so I throw the car back into park and jump out. There lay the sad, crushed remains of Hallie's bike. The bike, I soon discovered, had been tied to the front of my car with the dog leash. Imagine...
The ironic thing about the whole situation is that, not a week earlier, Jer ran over Makell's bike. Best parents ever, I know.
In this situation Jer's truck was parked out on the street on the side of the house. He jumped in one evening to run who knows where, and the kids were outside playing. I was standing at the back door watching. I could see only the back of the truck. I waved to him when I saw that all of the kids were safely behind the truck and he drove forward. The poor bike didn't stand a chance and Makell was a heartbroken.
Looking at the positive...my girls have learned a very important lesson, I hope.
Monday, August 30, 2010
BYE-BYE BICYCLES
Posted by kelsie*marie at 3:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment